JS socially speaking I’m looking forward to my EPIC friend Jeff Knaggs presenting at the next CHCH.JS meetup session. If “building a small React app, using setState for state management” sounds like your thing I’ll see you there!
Until next time,
Thanks Douglas Adams for the sage-like advice. www.douglasadams.com/creations/hhgg.html
For this episode of Tech House James and I talk political hackers, what to do if your site gets hacked and how to prevent it happening in the first place. Some key points are:
- Don’t panic
- Don’t take it personally
- Contact your hosting provider or ask a friend to help
- Search online for a local web development company to help out. Where I work at, Meta Digital, specialise in fixing hacked sites.
- Don’t get hacked in the first place 😉
- Keeping your website’s content management system (CMS) up to date
- Install security plugins/modules
- Setup a backup system
Micah Lee and Edward Snowden. Photo: Sue Gardner.
Woo hoo 2016, here we come!
The first Tech House for the year. I jumped in the RDU 908.5 FM studio with James Dann and talked about what’s coming up this year. We chatted about Micah Lee’s interview with Edward Snowden in November 2015. I also touched on disk encryption, Bitcoin, and all sorts of new year guff.
Big props to the crew at Linux Voice for their wise words and hard work in the world of free and open software.
Links mentioned in the show: